Baby's age counter

Monday 13 July 2009

Redcurrant Fool

With my massive crop of redcurrants I realised I needed to do something with them. I'd never really cooked redcurrants before as they are quite pricey if you get them from a supermarket. I figured a fool would be easy.

So I cooked up my berries with a little sugar and a tablespoon of water. They looked delicious so I took a sip. YUCK! They were soooo sour. I had to add quite a lot of sugar in the end. Another thing I learned was that redcurrants are mostly skin and pips. When I sieved the mixture I was not left with much!!!

Anyway I added this to greek yogurt and cream whipped together and finally used my posh martini glasses. Hooray! I thought they looked nice decorated like this. Stupidly in my delight I forgot about the sourness of the raw berries and popped one in my mouth. I believe my lips formed what is known as a 'cat's bottom' shape. Nice.

The fool itself was delicious. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the other 2lbs of berries....

No comments: