Baby's age counter

Monday 10 August 2009

Sweden

Had a really fabulous weekend in Sweden. I'd never been there before but I was convinced it would be cold. Not so! It was gorgeous and so warm I felt sorry for the wedding party all trussed up with lots of layers. They still looked fabulous nonetheless.

Swedish weddings are quite rowdy affairs with lots of traditions we don't have here in the UK. For example, whenever the bride goes to the loo during the meal all the men have to jump up, form a queue, and give her a peck on the cheek! Vice versa for the groom!!! Plus, anyone can give a speech so there were A LOT of speeches.

Mr TigerLily did an execellent speech as Best Man and everyone got the jokes. I was astounded by how well EVERYONE speaks English. I made an effort to use a few Swedish words to show willing but I was shamed by even little kids chattering away in their second language!

No comments: