Baby's age counter

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Pumpkin pie

I made this pumpkin pie with a squash because, to me, it tastes so similar in something like this. I cooked a squash a few weeks ago and didn't manage to eat it before it went bad, so I was determined this wouldn't happen again. I cooked the squash, let it cool and then pushed it through a sieve to make it really smooth. Who wants lumps in their pumpkin pie?
Then the next day I made a basic flaky pastry case and blind-baked it. While that cooked I added the puree to a custard mixture with a little cinnamon to make it spicy and yummy. It took about 30 mins to bake and get set and was absolutely lovely when it was warm out the oven. It set so well that I could even take it as part of my lunchbox! Definately will make another when another squash arrives looking a bit sorry for itself.

No comments: