Baby's age counter

Monday 30 April 2007

Old fogie

As time goes on I've come to the realisation I am not young and cool anymore. Sometimes when I listen to the radio I think "what is this monotonous noise?!" just like my mother used to when I was a teenager. That's not to say that is my opinion on all music on the radio today but a lot of it sounds the same. I remember swearing to my Mum that I would never feel like that!

However, I am still keen to listen to new music. Zane Lowe can be a bit much at times but there are some great bands like Razorlight and Fallout Boy and Artic Monkeys bringing out cool stuff. Lil sister has just put me in touch with Band of Horses and their tune 'The Funeral' on YouTube. It's really gorgeous. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think they're wonderful! have successfully procured their album, and it's fairly good, but disappointingly country in places. generally thumbs up though. and zane lowe is the all seeing eye, we should never talk badly of him!